Monday, December 21, 2009

evidence on film


ylnt3

photo taken by ryan wilcox of you look nice today photography


i had plans in the works for months. we were finally getting our family pictures taken. all of us. no more of that long-arm-self-portrait angle that i hate. not only did i want some fantastic shots of my handsome boys but i also wanted a chance to be on the other side of the camera. the right photographer was found, the date was set and outfits were perfectly unmatched.
the day finally came and we met my dear friend tiffany and her talented husband on the corner of 10th avenue and clodfelter road. i had left our location up to them – as i wanted ryan to photograph us the way he wanted to. three of the prettiest film camera’s hung from his neck and he was soooo excited to snap some shots of us in front of these rad rustic looking apple crates he’d found.
++++
lucas would not look up.
no really.
eyes straight to the ground.
complete with the perfect frown.
then the wind. oh! the wind! it was so cold!
ryan snapped away anyways. we’d hear him say, “awesome! this is amazing!” he was in his creative element.
we drove to another location.
to a big open field up the road.
the wind was worse.
it was freezing.
my boys’ noses began to run.
the frowns turned to crying.
we decided to head home.
ryan and his camera’s followed us home, too.
++++
safe at home, lucas dared to look up and snap! ryan captured his amazing little boy blue eyes. luc kicked off his shoes and climbed on his bed and snap! ryan captured his wonder among his very own things. andrey and i headed out to the backyard and click, click, snap! ryan caught me in true love. we let gavin loose in the grass and click! click! click! ryan caught a ray of sun shinin’ right on my boy. and that gavin – he’s got a sideways smile just like me and i’d never noticed it before. but ryan captured it in a flash and now i see - that boy that is so much of andrey – has a tiny twinkle of me, too.
and now we have evidence. evidence on rolls of film. that we are here. that our sweet family is. that our boys have sparkly eyes. that even in chaos we still love. his cameras caught what i really see everyday. it’s amazing. want to see more?

wander over here…

7 comments:

  1. ok lindsay, first of all, so cute. and I wish I could see more o\
    f! Your house because I could tell from those \c]ouple of pics that it is probably the cutest house ever. I love that wreath? thing... where did you get that? Or did you make it?? Again so cute, and sorry for the crazy typing, I have a baby helping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay,

    Your pictures turned out terrific! I love them. You guys have yourselves an adorable family.

    I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. erin - the pretty book wreath above our little green end table was a gift from my friend, danyelle {dandee.blogspot.com}i'm sure that if you asked - she'd sell you one. the little book wreath by our framed pictures was made by me using a tutorial i'd found online. look up "ruffle book wreath" and i'm sure you'll find it. thank you for your sweet comment. i was happy to see a note from you! are you coming this way for the holidays??
    love, lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already told you, but I love every single close up of you. YOU ARE GORGEOUS. And all 3 of your boys look so great. Personality showing all over the place. Like you said - evidence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! He did a wonderful job and seemed to capture everyone at just the right moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't usually comment much, but I wanted to tell you that I love those photos! They are great and not the "typical" family portraits...I love photographers who can make family portraits unique. Your little boys resemble your big boy a lot! April

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lindsay....I am so in love with your sweet little family! He really did capture you all beautifully. Your boys...those eyes, you and Andrey looking at each other so sweetly...I love every picture!

    (do you think I used the word 'sweet' enough during this comment?)

    ReplyDelete