Sunday, January 24, 2010

i’ve got myself a little sunbeam

 

sunBEAM 031this is my sunday boy.
very classic lucas j.
++++
as we {andrey + i} contemplate the idea of more someday babies
and whether or not this family of ours will be growing sooner or later
{as if that’s even up to us, anyways}
i am brought back to this boy.
he will be the oldest - the biggest brother.
always.
++++
i am learning to mother by him.
i am treading water with him some/most days.
i am grateful for him.
that he is patient with me some/most days.
that we are figuring it out.
i need to remember that he’s never done this before either.
++++
tonight just as the speakers turned to a new loud jammin’ beat {wyclef’s yele medley for haiti}
he caught my eye from the other room and we met in the middle of the floor. fast.
we got lost in the rhythm – dancing and laughing and missing our far-away loveys.
++++
we’re old soul friends.
lukey and me.

18 comments:

  1. that could possibly be the cutest picture i've ever seen. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you freaking kidding me?? crew cuts. no seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. best crooked smile EVER award...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously. Look at that cuuuute grin. What a little stud! A lady killa fo sho! haha. I can't believe how grown up he is. How is he liking being in Sunbeams? Max loves it, feels all big with his tie on! Cute post lins. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is GORGEOUS. Seriously. It's almost unbearable. Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh.my.goodness.
    could he be any cuter?
    love him and love his adorable outfit.
    you are a wonderful mama!
    {been thinking of you...hoping you are fully recovered}i've been trying to work on my etsy shop.
    may be bugging you with some questions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lukey and lindsay, i love you

    "i need to remember that he's never done this before either"...
    i needed to tell my own self that today about a certain 6 year old i know....
    thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is darling and such a good boy. I loved teaching him yesterday. You are an amazing mom and woman. I love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that boy, those eyes, that smile.

    melt. my. heart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is the cutest picture!!! I love this :
    i need to remember that he’s never done this before either.

    What a good thing to keep in mind and to keep my heart tender during those tough moments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a cute boy. so ready for big boy church class.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness. That picture. It is to-die-for-adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. He is so adorable. He popped into the mother's room on Sunday, it was just so adorable. He opened the door, looked around, said hello to everyone and popped right back out. He is just so cute!

    P.S.
    I saw little Gavin West in the hall with Andrey...he is a walking machine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your mother heart, Lin. Such a good perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lindsay, I am not kidding when I say this, but I hesitate at reading your blog some days because I know that the chances of me reading one of your posts and crying are huge! Like today's for instance where you say:

    i need to remember that he’s never done this before either.

    and this:

    we’re old soul friends.
    lukey and me.

    + living vicariously through you+
    <3 roxy <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow that was beatifully written. Lucas is really one of my favorite sunbeams. I am planning on coming over, I promise. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  17. he is so, so handsome. My gosh Lindsay. And very stylish.

    ReplyDelete