Friday, February 21, 2014

keeping on.

i was just scrolling through these blog pages and realized how good i'd been at documenting the important moments in our lives over the years. what a great collection this is of our lives here in this little house. 

and then i noticed how much i've missed over the last um... really... a year or so.  i thought of gathering up photo's and snapping a few to catch up. like charlie's first day of sunbeams... and gavin's five birthday. the announcement of baby or the day we got out the paints and painted the entire roll of art paper. all things that have happened. but not been properly documented here.

i could say that it's because instagram has done the documenting for me. or that my big girl camera is sick. that i spent the first trimester of this pregnancy napping or that i'm so over blogging. but if i'm totally honest, twenty-thirteen was hard. and the truth is that i just haven't required much of myself lately. the missing months here are an accurate depiction of how i've lived them. the days begin and the days end and some stuff happens in between. we're all dressed, fed and happy for the most part. but beyond that i think i've sorta - checked out. the familiar winter doldrum. i'll just keep treading water and slowly pull myself up for a good deep breath of spring air here soon. 

this is important to me.
this documenting.
and i'm going to begin again.

7 comments:

  1. I love your honesty and can relate to what you said on many levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have missed you in this space! come on back, whenever you're ready. we're all waiting for you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so over blogging too, but I feel so bad that Brooks life is not documented in words the way his brothers lives were. I want to do the same. I'm still here listening. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I'm Judy. I have a question and would love to speak with you more. Please email me when you get a chance, thank you!

    ReplyDelete